So, you've booked your hair and makeup trial... now what???
1. First things first compile a folder of pics to show your stylist, also great to have some photos of looks you DON'T like as a great comparison and to make sure both you and your stylist are on the same page. Pinterest is a great one stop shop for all things hair and makeup, you can also find old photos of hair and makeup looks you have had in the past that you have loved- maybe you were a bridesmaid and loved your hair or you attended a function, and everyone commented on how amazing your makeup looked!
2. Arrive at your trial makeup free if possible and with clean hair. No, your hairstylist does not want you to have dirty hair, that's an old wives tale! And not to mention-yuk!
3. Wear something with a similar neckline as your dress so you can really get a feel for how it will look on the day, or better yet book a fitting after your H&MU trial so you can see the whole look come together.
4. If you are unsure on what you want or wish to try 2 different styles, please let your stylist know so that they can book timings accordingly, you may need to pay extra for this but it's definitely worth it especially if you are torn between two looks!
5. Take along any hair accessories or veil with you.
6. If you are planning on a spray tan on the day get one prior to your makeup trial so your artist can match your foundation accordingly, let's face it no one wants a Donald Trump impersonation on the big day!
7. Ask your stylist to take some photos for you so you can recap or show a trusted friend later on.
8. Trust your stylist! Remember they are the professional and have a lot of experience in the wedding industry so lean into any advice they might have.
9. Double check dates and timings with your stylist and follow up with an email if need be.
10. Sit back on enjoy the experience and use the time to get to know your stylist, this will help you feel more relaxed when the big day arrives.